We asked Director Mark Lockett FRICS (Head of Professional & Management) to provide us with a little information on property management, what it involves and the advantage of it:
- 1) The availability of our team and presence as the first point of contact, improves communication between landlord and tenant.
- 2) Important dates are not missed and even the most complicated of Landlord and Tenant agreement can be fully diarised and handled.
- 3) Our service ensures that both landlord and tenant are compliant with current legislation and requirements.
- 4) An efficient rent collection service ensures that all monies are collected punctually, and any issue handled before it might escalate.
- 5) Service Charge administration ensures our client’s comply with current legislation and best practice.
- 6) The vetting of all contractors to ensure only approved contractors are used.
- 7) We liaise with other professional advisors including accountants, solicitors and insurance brokers.
- 8) Our Preparation of detailed quarterly accounts enable proper accounting and VAT returns to be undertaken.
- 9) Our position in an ever-changing commercial property market allows us to provide professional advice and liaison relating to our client investment(s) in order to maximise and futureproof returns.
- 10) Regular site inspections to ensure tenants comply with the terms and conditions of their lease and that investments are presented in the best possible light.
For more information on property management, or to have a discussion about how we may be able to help you, please do get in touch with the team here at Wiggins Lockett Thompson.
Share this post: